Whether its a to do list or a new years resolution we all have a list of something we want to do for the new year. Usually people want to lose weight or make more money but for these six women they just wanted to get a divorce in 2017. For them the new year meant a fresh start in the love department.
After a four decade relationship the U.K. and European unions are splitting. U.K. Primie minister has given a March 31st deadline after which the two sides will then have two years to come to an agreement, but in reality that could in fact stretch out even longer. This has been described as the most complicated decision of all time.
After several years of marriage reality stars Tarek and Christina El Moussa are divorcing. They are trying to continue a normal life for their two children, 6 and 1, which includes still filming the reality show Flip or Flop for a new season. Tarek has filed a request for spousal support from Christina.
January, often referred to as “divorce month” is the highest month for divorce rates. It could be the cold weather but many people believe it is due to the new year and many people looking for a new start, Although many divorces are planned in January, February is actually the highest month for divorces due to the fact that it takes time to get lawyers and filings in place.
If you have a feeling that your relationship is about to end then you may be right. There are many ways to tell if you relationship may be coming to an end. Not fighting or not talking about your future may just be one of the signs your relationship is ultimately going to end.
- Look out when you stop fighting because that means your boyfriend, wife, or partner has checked out of the relationship permanently.
- When you have no idea or care in the world where your partner is or what they are doing, this spells trouble. Maybe it starts innocently enough, but it will be over soon enough.
- The point is, if they have asked you to work on it, go to marriage counseling, or brought it up several times and there is no movement in the direction of change, your relationship has problems.
“BAT chief executive Nicandro Durante said the company was very pleased to have reached an agreement and looked forward to making the offer to shareholders.”
Musical artist Sia, after releasing her newest single “Move Your Body” may soon be single herself. Shortly before releasing the single Sia filed for divorce from her husband of two years, Erik Lang. The couple stated “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the filing. The couple has no children and will attempt to remain friends.
The Pope is making a bold decision in allowing some remarried Catholics to receive the sacrament of communion upon remarriage despite others who oppose this decision. Citing that marriage in not dissolvable, the opposition wants to bring people back into the fold of the Catholic church, but keep the sacraments of communion as they were; not allowing it to be taken amongst divorcees. The Pope asks that we consider the circumstances of the broken marriages, and at this time, the Vatican’s doctrine chief seeks no further clarification on this issue.
An argument can be a great way to get things figured out between two people. Problems arise when people act immature and shut down communication. Problems arise when name calling starts the communication shuts down. One of the best ways to do this is to keep communications open and allow the other person to talk.
- Asking your partner to let you finish is the most frequently used response, but that can sometimes fuel the situation even more.
- Sarcasm might have been a big part of your childhood banter with your siblings—trading barbs with a sibling can be a pattern that is rooted deeply in the connection between brothers and sisters.
- The kitchen-sink fighter may bring up all sorts of things you’re your shared past, citing these are “proof” of your history of poor behavior, whatever the focus today might be.
“Remember, you cannot force someone to change their behavior, but your response to annoying comments is something over which you have complete control.”
Texas State Rep. Matt Krause, a Republican from Fort Worth is seeking to abolish a long-standing divorce clause; ‘Instability.’ Instability is a legal term that allows parties to end a marriage without having to place blame and extend an already painful process. Krause feels that couples need to be separated for a period before filing for divorce. This comes from Krause with the aim of getting people to take marriage more serious but unfortunately, his attempt to pass a bill that would abolish the legal term from divorce proceedings has failed.
Dating can be an empowering and wonderful experience. However, there are also significant others who are a strain on our lives and are better off being with someone else. The question becomes, how do we recognize when the relationship has become toxic? How they act about or around your family can be a dead giveaway. They may act like it is a terrible obligation or a favor to you. They also send hurtful or erratic text messages. Toxic partners will also stop you from pursuing your dreams and try to keep you the way you are.
- Relationships can be full of playful dates, positive emotional growth, and a stream of sunsets and heart emojis.
- Learning the verbal/behavioral signs of an abusive/narcissistic personality is a critical learning skill for everyone who dates. It’s an issue I work on in therapy with depressing regularity.”
- We asked experts to break down everyday relationship scenarios and tell us how they’re handled in a healthy relationship versus a toxic one.
“It’s easy to identify physical abuse but very difficult for a person in a toxic relationship to ‘hear’ abuse, especially if the victim was raised around negativity or criticism”