Musical artist Sia, after releasing her newest single “Move Your Body” may soon be single herself. Shortly before releasing the single Sia filed for divorce from her husband of two years, Erik Lang. The couple stated “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the filing. The couple has no children and will attempt to remain friends.
The Pope is making a bold decision in allowing some remarried Catholics to receive the sacrament of communion upon remarriage despite others who oppose this decision. Citing that marriage in not dissolvable, the opposition wants to bring people back into the fold of the Catholic church, but keep the sacraments of communion as they were; not allowing it to be taken amongst divorcees. The Pope asks that we consider the circumstances of the broken marriages, and at this time, the Vatican’s doctrine chief seeks no further clarification on this issue.
An argument can be a great way to get things figured out between two people. Problems arise when people act immature and shut down communication. Problems arise when name calling starts the communication shuts down. One of the best ways to do this is to keep communications open and allow the other person to talk.
- Asking your partner to let you finish is the most frequently used response, but that can sometimes fuel the situation even more.
- Sarcasm might have been a big part of your childhood banter with your siblings—trading barbs with a sibling can be a pattern that is rooted deeply in the connection between brothers and sisters.
- The kitchen-sink fighter may bring up all sorts of things you’re your shared past, citing these are “proof” of your history of poor behavior, whatever the focus today might be.
“Remember, you cannot force someone to change their behavior, but your response to annoying comments is something over which you have complete control.”
Texas State Rep. Matt Krause, a Republican from Fort Worth is seeking to abolish a long-standing divorce clause; ‘Instability.’ Instability is a legal term that allows parties to end a marriage without having to place blame and extend an already painful process. Krause feels that couples need to be separated for a period before filing for divorce. This comes from Krause with the aim of getting people to take marriage more serious but unfortunately, his attempt to pass a bill that would abolish the legal term from divorce proceedings has failed.
Dating can be an empowering and wonderful experience. However, there are also significant others who are a strain on our lives and are better off being with someone else. The question becomes, how do we recognize when the relationship has become toxic? How they act about or around your family can be a dead giveaway. They may act like it is a terrible obligation or a favor to you. They also send hurtful or erratic text messages. Toxic partners will also stop you from pursuing your dreams and try to keep you the way you are.
- Relationships can be full of playful dates, positive emotional growth, and a stream of sunsets and heart emojis.
- Learning the verbal/behavioral signs of an abusive/narcissistic personality is a critical learning skill for everyone who dates. It’s an issue I work on in therapy with depressing regularity.”
- We asked experts to break down everyday relationship scenarios and tell us how they’re handled in a healthy relationship versus a toxic one.
“It’s easy to identify physical abuse but very difficult for a person in a toxic relationship to ‘hear’ abuse, especially if the victim was raised around negativity or criticism”
In the third segment of Recovery From Infidelity, the couple realized how some of their previous interactions with each other drove them to lose trust and love and how with this new realization, they work with a professional to bridge the gaps that have been keeping them from truly communicating them with each other, sharing vulnerabilities, and rekindling the love that once was.
The common thread for not getting a divorce is communication. The four couples had to consider several elements in their marriage commitment: (1) divorce is easy and each will pay a heavy personal price, (2) children and family members, (3) separation from each other, (4) what is not working in the marriage and (5) have they changed so the commitment is not relevant. Whether the couples acquired professional help in addition to working through these and other concerns, the fact is they believed in giving the marriage another chance at commitment.
If you struggle with relationships, you may need a confidence boost to make yourself more attractive to others. The best ways to do this are to not be too serious and do the right thing, even when it’s easier to go the quick route. A little humor and integrity can go a long way. Also, choose to do what makes you happy and put yourself first sometimes. Nothing makes someone like you more than when you are happy and strong-willed enough to work for what you want. Follow these tips and you will see a difference in no time.
- Feeling good about yourself makes you attractive to others. As you love yourself, life becomes less burdensome and relationships become easier and more spontaneous.
- You do not have to be perfect to have solid relationships and love in your life. In fact, it’s being imperfect that puts people at ease.
- A busy quest for validation from others won’t necessarily bring it. In fact, this sign of insecurity may push people away. Instead, do the right thing for yourself, for others, and for society at large.
“Feeling good about yourself makes you attractive to others. As you love yourself, life becomes less burdensome and relationships become easier and more spontaneous.”
If you are single you likely have been on some bad first dates. A meeting in a bar can sometimes be awkward so try these ideas instead. See a ballgame, listen to some live music or go to a comedy show to break the ice. Visit the zoo or aquarium, play trivia games or explore a trendy neighborhood. Almost anything is better than showing up at a bar and expecting to drink your way into someone’s heart!
The words “what will happen” tend to send the imagination wild because it opens a door that may never be closed and the participants will be unhappy, ultimately. When a large amount of money and assets are accumulated under a marriage contract and the couple wants to go their separate ways the result is a highly stressful personal ripping apart resulting in settlement agreements forged in a sometimes vicious battle of wills. The representatives orchestrating these battles will ultimate come up with large portions of the money and assets before the couple trudges to the finish line.